The European Federation of Building and Woodworkers is recruiting a Communication Officer
MissionThe successful candidate will coordinate the EFBWW press, communication and campaign activities and strategies.
- Plan and develop EFBWW communication and campaigning activities and strategies
- Translate EFBWW political positions into a clear and transparent oral, written and video communication
- Creatively contribute in the development of and management of internal and external campaigns to support EFBWW political positions
- Make short video reports, write press releases and articles and edit the EFBWW Newsletter
- Manage, update, develop and regularly feed EFBWW websites, identify stories and issues to report on, both internal and external to the organization
- Regularly consult EFBWW member organizations’ websites, publications and press releases to highlight relevant stories on the EFBWW website and other media, including social media
- Work closely with the communications departments of the EFBWW affiliates and develop interactive communication strategies to inform and involve EFBWW affiliates in the work of the Federation
- Work closely with the communications departments of allied organisations (e.g. other European trade union federations, the ETUC, BWI etc)
- Lay-out and design of internal EFBWW documents and presentations
- Maintain relations with webmasters and e-designers
- Building contacts and constructive working relations with key media outlets, including journalists in European affairs and publications specialized in the EFBWW sectors
- Contribute to the formulation of EFBWW positions on concerned policies;
- Prepare public presentations and be in a position to defend adopted EFBWW positions;
- Represent the EFBWW at public and internal events
- Liaise with MEPs and European Commission representatives Support the EFBWW team in all other political and Europe-related areas
- Substantial practical communication and public relations experience (5 year experience minimum), preferably but not necessarily developed in an international trade union and/or NGO organization,
- Excellent spoken and written English, and preferably also fluent in spoken and written French. In addition, having the ability to communicate in any other EU language is considered an asset.
- Expert writing and editing skills
- Social media expert
- Lay-out and design
- Good communication and networking skills; and being confident in taking the floor at public events;
- Having a sound grasp of the operation of EU institutions and a good understanding of key elements of EU legislative processes
- Having excellent organisational and time management skills, when working on several topics and/or projects simultaneously
- Having the ability to “multi-task” and to keep deadlines
- Being able to take initiatives and work independently
- Having an excellent ability to work in a team together with persons of various cultural backgrounds.
Job organisation and salary expectations
The Communication Officer will be based at the EFBWW office in Brussels, will work as part of the EFBWW team and will report to the EFBWW General Secretary. He or she should be prepared to work outside of normal office hours if necessary and be ready to travel at short notice.
The EFBWW can offer a competitive salary that will also reflect the qualifications and experiences of the successful candidate. The salary includes also holiday benefits, 13th months’ salary hospitalisation insurance, and other benefits as laid down in EFBWW Employment Regulations.
Please email your application in English to email@example.com including a CV and a letter of motivation. Please clearly mark: “Vacancy EFBWW Communications Officer” in the subject of your email. Deadline for Application: 17 January 2020
The interviews are foreseen in the week of 27 January 2020 at rue Royale 45/1, B-1000 Brussels (EFBWW office). Interested candidates are requested to be available on this day. The EFBWW will cover the travel costs to Brussels for selected candidates. The interview will be held in English.
The EFBWW is an equal opportunity employer
EFBWW applies an equal opportunity policy and accepts applications without prejudice to gender, race, sexual orientation, ethnic or social origin, religion, political opinion, membership of a national minority, disability or age.
Proposed starting date : As soon as possible
European Federation of Building and Woodworkers
Rue Royale 45/1 (1st floor)
1000 Brussels, Belgium
Tel: +32 (0)2 227 10 40