The EU sectoral social partners of the construction industry, EFBWW and FIEC, in cooperation with EBC, publish the Pact for Skills in Construction, an initiative promoted by the European Commission in the framework of the “EU Skills Agenda”.
Calling for concrete commitments by construction and education stakeholders at all levels, this Pact aims at mobilising a concerted effort among private and public partners for quality investment in vocational education and training, as well as in knowledge, skills and competences to the benefit the European construction sector workforce.
To better promote current and upcoming career options in construction, we developed this Pact for Skills in Construction, which identifies 5 key principles to improve the quality and quantity of skills in construction:
· Building strong partnerships, including with VET institutions;
· Monitoring occupational supply/demand and anticipating knowledge, skills and competences needs;
· Working against discrimination;
· Attracting more young people and women in the sector;
· Promoting a culture of lifelong learning for all, supported by adapted incentives.
Endorsement form here.