In 2017 the European social partners of the construction industry (EFBWW and FIEC) and the European Association for Paritarian Institutions (AEIP) committed to a long-term engagement to strengthen the capacity of the social partners of the construction in the CEECs. For this reason, partners launched the EU funded project “Towards A New Start of Industrial Relations in Construction in Central and East European Countries (CEEC’s)” (TANSIRC).
With this follow-up project (TANSIRC 2) partners aim at creating a stronger added value for the social dialogue in construction industry in the CEECs and to build up the capacity of the trade unions and the employers federations to enter in negotiation within a system of industrial relations.
The general aim of this project is to (re)build, promote and foster industrial relations in the construction industry in the CEECs. The choice of focusing in particular on these countries is based on an internal assessment of the European social partners (EFBWW and FIEC) and the outcome of the Eurofound representatives’ study, showing that the system of industrial relations in CEECs have deteriorated significantly in the last decade.
- Promoting EU funding (ESF) opportunities and help to develop possible social dialogue activities.
- Addressing undeclared work and illegal practices in CEECs.
- Reinforcing the currently still weak social dialogue in CEECs and the lack of communication between national partners in construction industry, thereby strengthening their cooperation.
- Identifying disappearing construction professions due to digitization, together with the new skills and competences and ways of working needed.
- Improving the image of construction sector in society and thereby attracting more young people and women.
- Identifying which challenges the COVID-19 pandemic has brought to the construction industry and how to address them.